Increase availability of research evidence
We increase the availability and use of evidence for youth policies and decision-making related to youth participation in the rural sector.
- CARE seeks to create new knowledge on challenges as well as to understand the factors of success or failures of young agribusiness entrepreneurs.
- Research efforts under the project covers mainly applied research that have the potential to substantially impact youth engagement in rural economic and social activities.
- In addition to the traditional study of agricultural production and finance, young scholars are engaged in any topic where entrepreneurship is at the core such as:
- Unpacking policy, institutional and cultural constraints; labour market issues, job growth;
- Identifying and researching best-practices in entrepreneurship development for potential and existing entrepreneurs;
- Researching critical aspects of youth entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, techno-entrepreneurship; and
- Analysing failures and success, community and social impact, innovation impact, social and economic value, in addition to marketing, consumer behaviour, risk and decision analysis, land use, fiscal impact analysis, industry analysis.